If you are one of those rare ones who do not have a Microsoft Outlook account, then you should try and have one. It is pretty fast and easy and most importantly Outlook is a Free Email Account. Creating an Outlook Email Address is not a cumbersome process it is just a matter of a few minutes. With a single Outlook account, you can have the privilege of accessing various services like email, calendar, contacts, etc.
How to Create a New Outlook Account
Wondering How to Create an Outlook Email account, then we will try and answer all your queries. Following is the step by step procedure to Create Outlook Email Address:
- Just access Outlook.com from any web browser and try opening a sign-up screen. On sign up screen click on create a free account.
- Here you need to enter your desired user name for @outlook.com.
- At the end of the username field, you can find the dropdown arrow that will allow you to select either outlook.com or hotmail.com as the domain name. Click Next after this.
- Then set the password for this account and click Next.
- Note: You must try and set a password which easies for you to remember and everyone else finds it difficult to crack.
- First and Last Names are then required to be entered. After that click on Next.
- Then select the Country/Region and the Date of Birth and click Next.
- Then a CAPTCHA image appears on your screen to enter it carefully and click on Next.
- Congratulations! You have Setup an Outlook Account. You can see a welcome screen here.
- Now you can access your Outlook account anywhere from a web browser. Otherwise, you can also set up it on the email service of your mobile or computer.
Different features of Outlook.com
The email account of the Outlook.com has all the different features in a good email service. Different salient features of the Outlook.com are:
- It has a sorted inbox that contains all the user emails.
- Messages can be archived and deleted just by the swipe gesture.
- One very good feature of getting messages to return to inbox at a certain time known as “scheduling messages.”
- You can even pin the messages so that they are visible at the top of the inbox.
- You can format your emails to give a personalized effect using text formatting features.
It can also read information like flight plan and bill due date etc. And can add them on to your calendar. You can attach bigger files anywhere from Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc. The Microsoft Office files can also be edited directly in the inbox.
Mobile App of Outlook
The mobile app for Outlook.com is also available. It is one of the options that can be used with both iOS and Android platforms. One can get the feature built-in if you have a Windows Phone. One can also create an Outlook account or make use of the existing account that you have.
The features associated with the mobile app are almost the same as the web version of Outlook.com like a sorted inbox, swipe gesture to archive or delete, the capability of sharing, and various other features. Files can also be viewed and attached from various third-party platforms like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. without actually downloading them on your mobile device.
Comparison between Outlook.com and Hotmail.com
Hotmail was introduced by Microsoft in 1996. Over the past years, the name of Hotmail has been changed many times like MSN Hotmail and Windows Live Hotmail. Microsoft released its last version in 2011. And then it was replaced by Outlook.com in the year 2013. Microsoft allowed the existing Hotmail users that they can retain their Hotmail account and get migrated to Outlook.com. Even today you can get a Hotmail.com domain during the signup process.
Premium Outlook is the paid version of Outlook. In 2017 Microsoft stopped this Premium Outlook service but added these premium features to the desktop version of Outlook which is a part of Microsoft 365 service.
People or organizations subscribing to the Microsoft 365 package are entitled to this premium Outlook feature. Other benefits of Microsoft 365 are:
- Huge Mailbox space of 1 TB per user.
- Better scanning for malware.
- Inbox free from any ads.
- The option of composing Emails even offline.
- Synching the mails automatically.
This was a step by step guide for How to Create an Outlook Account. Usually, it doesn’t take more than 5 minutes of your time, if you know the instructions well.