Hotmail is a free email service provided by Microsoft. It was first known as “Hotmail.com”, but on April 3rd, 2013 Microsoft changed its website to “Outlook.com”.
If you don’t own a Microsoft account it takes only a few minutes to create an outlook.com account for free. With a free hotmail.com account, you can access your emails, calendars, tasks from any place which has an internet connection.
How to Signup on Hotmail.com:
Creating a Hotmail/Outlook account is an easy process. If you want to make one follow the steps below to sign up:
- Visit the outlook website at “https://login.live.com/”and click on “Create One”.
- On the next page, choose your desired email address and click onnext. You can select your email with @hotmail.com or @outlook.com extensions.
- Next, it will ask you for the password. Make sure to enter a strong password (that contains an Upper case letter, Number, and Special characters).
- In the next window enter your First Name and Last Name and click on the Next button.
- Onthe next screen, you have to enter your Country/Region and Date of Birth. (Make sure you enter your details correctly because even if you lost your password these details will help you in recovering your email account).
- In the next window, it will ask you to verify that you are ahuman simply verify yourself and click on the Next button.
- Once verification is done in the next window you will have toenter your phone number and click on Sendcode. (For securityreasons i.e. if you lost your password or someone other than you changes your password you will be able to recover your account easily).
- You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) via text message enter it and click on the Next button.
- On the next window, it will display outlook tutorial (how to use your outlook/Hotmail account) and your Inbox afterward. From there you will be able to send and receive emails from your clients or your family/friends.
What is Outlook Premium?
The premium outlook was a premium version of Outlook. However, Microsoft discontinued its premium version in late 2017, but they added premium features in their Desktop app included in Microsoft 365. Anyone who wanted to subscribe to Microsoft 365 Home or Microsoft 365 Personal software packages will receive Outlook with premium features as part of the premium package. The premium package includes:
- Storage of 1TB (1000 GB) per premium user.
- Improved malware scanning system.
- You will no longer see ads in your inbox.
- Offline email composition and automatic syncing capabilities.
- Custom domain Email Service.
Hotmail.com vs Outlook.com:
Microsoft bought Hotmail in 1996. However, the email service went through several names, including MSN (Microsoft Network), Hotmail, and Windows Live Hotmail.
Microsoft release the last version of Hotmail in 2011. However, Outlook.com replaced Hotmail in 2013. At that time, The users of the Hotmail were given the choice to keep their Hotmail email addresses and to use them with the Outlook.com domain. You can still get an email address with @hotmail extension.