Creating a Hotmail account maybe looks tricky, but it is actually a really easy thing to in order to open your email account, let’s see how easy you can get one..
Go to hotmail.com or outlook.com and look for the registration page, open it and you’ll see a big form to fill, don’t worry it is just basic profile information. All you need to do is fill the fields correctly following the instructions the same page will show to you.
Hotmail accounts are similar to any other email accounts that we create. Similar to Gmail, Hotmail allows you to receive and send emails to colleagues and friends. That’s why one of the most asked questions is how to create a new Hotmail account.
There are a few simple steps on how to create a Hotmail account. Right now, there are two more free subscribe options from Microsoft, which are outlook.com and Hotmail.com. We’re also going to check how we can create Hotmail account without phone number.
Create New Hotmail Account
How Create Hotmail account
Let us look at some steps on how to sign up for a Hotmail account.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook website. Go to https://www.outlook.com/ in your web browser.
- Fill your information in the boxes given below as per the below instruction set.
Name – fill in the name that is your account name. Click on “Get a new email address.” Then move onto filling out information on your user name.
User name – choose the user name of your choice and click on the drop-down to select Hotmail.
Create a password – create a strong password for your account to log in. It must be a combination of letters, numbers, special characters, and a length of 8 characters.
Re-enter password – carefully re-enter the same password that you have set for Hotmail sign up login.
Postal code – postal code will be a 5-number sequence depending upon your location, e.g., 12543
Birthday – enter your date of birth in a DD/MM/YYYY format or a specified format.
Gender – choose your gender, whether female or male.
Country code – enter your country code. E.g., India is +91
Phone number – enter your current mobile number. You can omit the 0 prefixes and enter just the number.
Alternate email address – If you are unable to recover your account, put in an alternative email address for recovery.
- Enter the correct code that is displayed on the screen, into the box that is given below. If you have difficulty in seeing it correctly, click on NEW to get a new captcha. You can also listen to the code by clicking on the audio sign that is given.
- Once you have completed all the above steps, click on Create Account. You will get a message stating, “you have successfully created your account.” You will be redirected to a welcome page by Microsoft. You can ignore that.
The login procedure for the first-time login into Hotmail after Hotmail sign up is done.
1. Alias creation
When you log in for the first time after creating a Hotmail account, it prompts you for an alias name. When you choose this, it will ask you for Text or Email options. Guide to this is as given below
- SMS – if you take this option, enter the last four digits of your mobile number to verify it. A code will be generated and sent to your number. Open the link and type in the code and hit Submit.
- Email – here, instead of a number, enter your email address and click Submit. Open your email, take the confirmation code and enter it in the link given in the email.
If you do not want to create an alias and want to skip this process altogether, for now, click on “Skip for now.”
Features and Interface of Hotmail
Recently, the user interface and experience were made more straightforward for the users. The interface of Hotmail has been made mobile and tablet adaptable for users. Most of us use these devices rather than laptops, mainly because they are handy portable and can be accessed anywhere. The interface on mobiles and tablets are faster and error-free while checking your email.
There are lots of features that Hotmail offers to its users. You can view, edit, share files from related Microsoft apps for free. This is possible on multiple devices where your email is registered. Allows you to filter essential and non-essential emails basis your contacts, so you know which emails are to be discarded. Search options for emails make locating an important email easy and fast. Sweep feature has been introduced for you to drop unnecessary and unwanted messages that you are getting. Most of the time, email spamming is the reason for this.
For other problems you can consult the Help section on the Hotmail main page.